Friday, July 13, 2012

Time for Thomas the Tank Engine

Just a week and a half more of this self-inflicted torture of eating gluten. I'm so glad it's almost done. I've already started considering cancelling the endoscopy just so I won't have to put up with this anymore. This week, the wheezing started. I couldn't even walk half a mile before I was breathing heavily. That's just pathetic when just a couple of weeks ago I ran 6 miles and was barely winded! Now the pain attacks in the side are getting more frequent. It's not to the point of agony yet, but it'll get there soon enough. Is it really worth all this pain on my body to know whether or not I have Celiac disease? But since I'm so close, why give up now? It's time to start telling myself "I think I can. I think I can. I know I can," because I know I can do this. Time to dig deep and find out what I'm made of, I guess. I will get through this and then I will be gluten free for the rest of my life. If others with supsected Celiac disease can push through this, then so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment